Friday, July 02, 2021

The Thunderbird In Bellevue


 This place has special memories because when I lived in Walla Walla, we would usually stay at this place when I came up to the Seattle area with my family.  Mostly, I  remember the coffee shop. 

I first remember it as the Thunderbird, then it was the Red Lion.  As the Red Lion, it was soon confusing, because another Red Lion was built down the road in about 1980.  Eventually, it became the Doubletree.

It was located on Northeast 8th and 112th.  It was torn down many years ago.  I mentioned this place on a Bellevue nostalgic site on Facebook and got a good response. 

According to a link from the Seattle Times sent by my brother Steve, and also sent by a family friend, the structure, at that time, known as the Paragon Hotel,   was torn down in 2008.  It was also a Ramada Inn at one time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never see a real thunderbird or red lion so these places are mythical.