Monday, February 01, 2021

Burl Barer Interviewed On Podcast







Burl Barer, who made a name for himself in Seattle radio, working at KJR and KOL, and whom I grew up with in Walla Walla, is interviewed for a Seattle radio history podcast, known as Radio Conference Call, while doing his own True Crime Uncensored internet radio program.  Paul Thompson is the interviewer.  I can tell from the interview that Thompson did his homework. 
Thank you to Randy Roadz, who tagged me with this on Facebook with the interview and Puget Sound Media.  
Burl is asked about his Walla Walla radio days, as well as his experiences in Seattle.  It is worth a listen.

 

2 comments:

Sharon Kay Schiller said...

Burl Barer. A downwinder, who admitted to wanting to be famous. Thanks, Mike.

Shawny said...

My fav DJ from KOL. I was a night owl fan who used to call in to the request line. I remember one time calling in and just saying "pick a song for me" and Burl played the Beatles "Blackbird". Nice pick. That's why I still remember it. The reason I listened to his show was because his lineup of music was every song I would have picked. Great interview. Thanks for the memories and great to know you're still out there kickin' ass.