Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wrapping Up 2016



Rather look at 2016 as a "sad year" in retrospect, it was an eventful year, with some sad things happening.  I included the top picture of the Fred Hutchinson Award luncheon from January. I am pictured with former baseball great, Carlton Fisk and St .Louis Cardinal pitcher Adam Wainwright.  
We had a fun trip to Southern California, dining at Sur, where one of Deb's favorite shows is filmed.
On that trip, we were able to visit my dad and his wife and go to a one man play.  It was the last thing we would do together as my Dad passed away in March.
The day after my Dad's service in Walla Walla. I ran the Democratic precinct caucuses in Maple Valley.  I believe the Maple Valley caucus was one of the largest in the state, due to my planning.  I had not anticipated the huge turnout that we had. 
On Friday the 13th in May, I was about to walk Dasher when I called to the Ron And Don show.  I was able to win the Top Five At Five contest by naming what they consider the top news stories that hour.  I won concert tickets and dinner at the Edgewater.
In July, we attended my 40th class reunion in Walla Walla.  It was fun to see old classmates.  I participated in the golf tournament for the first time. 
One August evening, I came back from work and a trip to the gym to find a leak in the upstairs bathroom had gone through the ceiling, flooding the entire house.  The next two months, we stayed at the Silver Cloud and Deb's parents house, along with Howard Johnson's in Kent (a story in itself) and finally Deb's sister and her husband.  When we returned we had a beautiful remodel.  Thanks to Farmer's Insurance, who really stepped up and Rick, our construction engineer, who continues to do repairs on our home.
I was shocked and saddened by the sudden death of Gina Grant.  A Wa-Hi and WSU classmate and friend, whom I gotten to know better on facebook.  She, like me, was active in Democratic politics.
My old favorite team, the Chicago Cubs won their first World Series since 1906. 
Then, of course, there was the Trump upset of Hilary Clinton.

1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Love that photo of your Dad with the red Mercedes. Lots of positive blessing to you and your wife for the New Year. Thank you for allowing me a glimpse via your post.