Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Walla Walla Paper Has Tribute To "Newspaper Guy" Angell


 Last month, I was saddened to read of the passing of classmate Jim Angell. Angell had worked at school newspapers at Wa-Hi and WSU, then went on to work in Wyoming.   When googling his name, I was shocked at how much of a mark he made in the journalism field. His obit turned up in newspapers around the country.    

I'm very honored to be quoted many times in this wonderful tribute by Union-Bulletin feature writer Annie Charnley Eveland. To see the story, click here

4 comments:

Jason Remington said...

Nice quote. Good job.

Mike Barer said...

Thank you, Jason!

Anonymous said...

Jim (Jimmy) and I grew up together at a very early age. We were 4 years old when we began our friendship. I am so saddened to hear of his passing.
His Mom Carol, would babysit me often. She was just as much an Angel as Jim was. The kindest, most loving, humorous child, man.
I remember well the time I asked him to tie me to the railroad track (the busy track then was across the street from their cabin home). My idea of the old ‘Pearl White’ silence movie, right? I believe Jim and I were around 5-6 years old at that time. He answer, excitedly, “Ok, I’ll go get a rope.” Luckily, his Mom caught us! Oh boy, did we get a lecture!
I have such fond memories of Jim.
He’s definite the angel watching over us all.

Mike Barer said...

I hope that you enjoyed the tribute. I'm glad he didn't tie you up.