Friday, September 09, 2022

Three Eras End




 Perhaps, I'm the only person who could tie these together, however in just two days, three constants, for me, one a decade and a half, one over two decades, and lastly, a multi-generational one, came to an end.

Tuesday morning, one day after Labor Day, I read that Ken Levine curtailed his 16 year blog, something that I read every day, showing me there were still bloggers out there.  

Tuesday night, I watched on TV as the Seattle Storm lost in the WNBA playoffs, it being the last game for Sue Bird, who inspired our area with her outstanding play, her charisma and compassion for over 20 years.  Bird won championships, Olympic Gold Medals, and the hearts of area sports fans.

Thursday, Queen Elizabeth, who served for well over seven decades, ruling Great Britain, but virtually "grandmother" to the world slipped away, leaving us something that most of the world has never seen, a King of England. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now England can finally get a checkmate.