Thursday, October 07, 2021

King County Council Member Lambert Under Fire

Even if the mailer is not meant to be racist, from what I can see, it's plain wrong.  Sarah Perry, whom I got to know with my work in the 5th Legislative District Democrats, is sensible, reasonable and a real people person. I don't even think she was a Sanders supporter, but that's beside the point.
I am surprised that Kathy Lambert put this out for a couple of reasons.
Number one, although she is definitely a Conservative Republican, she seems like a very respectable person.  I've met her in person and interacted with her on Facebook and she always seemed reasonable.
Number two, I don't think this helps her in any way.  I think voters do not like this campaign, those who would be influenced by something like this, would probably have voted for her anyway.  
Generally "hit pieces" are put out by groups either supporting a campaign or opposing a campaign. 
The 6 County Council members who identify as Democrats (it's a non-partisan body), issued a joint statement calling for Lambert to apologize. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is the deal. If they are a Republican they may seem nice and all but they are signing on to all things Republican. That means Trump being a criminal, communist and liar and buying into him hook line and sinker and following that agenda.