Monday, March 01, 2021

1996 Mariners-Indians Seattle Earthquake

I mentioned this in the previous post, Deb and I were in our Kirkland condo, where we lived until 1998.  At the time, the Mariners were good and must see TV.  Edgar Martinez had gotten a big hit and suddenly we heard banging, we thought that a couple of guys who lived above us were watching the game and stomping their feet, in reality, it was an earthquake, a fairly mild one, but the game was called and I had since forgotten this, but it was continued the next evening. 
This May 3rd will mark the 25th anniversary of that event. 

1 comment:

pnwlyra said...

I didn't know about this, as it happened the year before I moved out to Seattle. How wild! I still think Rainier is starting to be a little too active to stay around for a long term, but I suppose for now we're all safe enough.