Saturday, March 28, 2020

Remembering Aaron J Barer, Sr

Aunt Carol was calling on the cell as I was about to leave work, Wednesday.  We stay in touch, so it was no big deal.  When she asked how I was doing, though, I knew something wasn't right.
Aaron Barer, my cousin Stan's son had died.  It was a shock, but not really a surprise, I had last  seen him at his mother's memorial service last June.  I knew that beyond his despair of losing his Mom, he was not well.
I remember Aaron as a youngster, he was a cute kid with brown hair mixed with some blond streaks from his mother.  He was a happy and articulate young boy.  Since moving to the Seattle area, I would see him at family events.
Aaron's first cousins, Lee and Tod have done a good job profiling Aaron in their posts on Facebook.
Aaron and I talked to each other on social media.  He eventually became a no show at family gatherings.
Aaron Barer, Sr was 42.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this.

mike dziak said...

Sorry to hear...sad

CougGeoff said...

�������� I’m sorry for you.

Tony Rose said...

If you don’t mind me asking, how did he die? We chatted a week or so before he passed and I only found out a couple of weeks back after finding it strange that he hadn’t hit me back a couple months ago, I thought maybe he had moved to Africa like he said he was going to do.

Tony Rose said...

How did he pass? We last spoke just a few days before and then nothing....I thought he must’ve up and went to Africa like he said he was going to...he had always responded to my texts.

Mike Barer said...

Aaron was a very complicated young man. I just wish that he was still with us .