Monday, October 02, 2023

1960s Rock Star Gary Lewis Interviewed

I was a fan of this band Gary Lewis And The Playboys "growing up" although I was still in grade school when it disappeared from radio and the rock scene. The band to me was an American version of Herman's Hermits. Playing music that younger fans can enjoy.  
 The leader and focal point of the band was Gary Lewis, a lookalike, soundalike version of his father, legendary comedian Jerry Lewis.
I remember seeing the band on the Lloyd Thaxton Show.  
While Jerry Lewis had been the target of some unfavorable press in his later years, Gary, in this interview seems very honest and down to earth.  
I got to see the band (actually, just Gary Lewis, I think) as part of the Happy Together Tour, years ago. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Mike. I remember that band too. I thought they were cool because they were Playboys.