Thursday, November 10, 2005

Elections Go Our Way

It has been said that the best creative writing is born out of misery. There is not much to be unhappy about as this weeks election seemed to indicate that common sense is creeping back into politics.
County Executive Ron Sims won a 3rd term as David Irons Jr is now back in the private sector. I think that Mr Irons needs a little time in the private sector to iron out some of his personal woes.
I-912 failed and our state can start improving our roads. We know how prone to earthquake this area is and it would be nice to be proactive in shoring up the highways.
I-330 which asks us to surrender our rights to the Insurance companies also went down. If the insurance c0mpanies need solace, the smoking ban bill, I-901 passed as well. That has got to drive down rates by improving public health in general.
John Rittenhouse will serve on the Issaquah City Council, I worked with John on the 5th district policy committee.
Glenn Smith is elected to the Maple Valley City Council. I was impressed with him when he doorbelled my house.
Kathy Huckabay easily coasted to victory on the Sammamish City Council. Congrats to all these winners and good luck. Let's keep the victories rolling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I am glad that we won in Maple Valley. The city was truly depending on the money coming in from I-912 and hopefully now we can get something dond in Maple Valley that will benefit everyone. - Glenn Smith