Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Carroll No Longer Coaching Seahawks



It has been announced that after 14 seasons, Pete Carroll's tenure as head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, will come to an end.
Carroll will go down in history as the first, and so far, only coach of the team to win the Super Bowl.  He took the team to a subsequent Super Bowl the next season, which the team lost after an interception.
The Seahawks, under Carroll, won 5 division titles and went to the post season 10 times.  However, in recent years, he has been criticized for too many penalties and poor game management. Also, poor defense, as Carroll is known as a defensive guy.  Common opinion was that the program had hit a wall.
Prior to taking the Seahawk job, he led the USC Trojans to a national college football championship, bringing that team back to its glory days.   He also had mostly unheralded stints with the New England Patriots and New York Jets.
I met Pete Carroll years ago, when I went to a dance recital for a friend's daughter.  He was in the audience to see a granddaughter perform.  Seeing that he was there, I went up to meet him, I was very impressed with his personability, Pete talked to me, rather than at me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Mike. I wish Pete would stay as coach.