Thursday, November 30, 2023

Issaquah Landmark Closes


 Not to wear out a cliche, but it truly was the symbol of a bygone era.  The Triple XXX Root Beer Drive-In has closed.  The owner has retired, according to a KING 5 report.

Deb and I would enjoy a dinner and a frosty mug of root beer, once every summer, although this past summer we were not able to make it.  

The establishment also was the location for various car shows. 

Another throw-back once a summer visit was the Valley 6 drive-in theatre in Auburn.  That closed for good about 10 years ago.

I haven't heard anything official but I have heard rumblings that it may reopen in the future with a new owner.  We'll keep you posted. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish they had made an announcement, and had a "Grand Closing". I know I would have gone one last time.

Anonymous said...

Great post Mike. This brings back memories of getting Root Beer before going to the Drive-In.

Mike Barer said...

This is more than just a restaurant closing. This is the end of a certain, shall we say, attitude.