Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Inslee Will Not Seek 4th Term


 The Cascadia Advocate
blog has announced that Washington Governor Jay Inslee, the first Democratic governor to serve three terms in Olympia will not seek reelection in 2024

 The only governor be elected three times previous to Inslee was Republican Dan Evans, who was first elected in 1964.  Evans served until 1977.  At that time, Washington was more of a swing state.

I talked to Inslee at Cousin Stan's celebration of life.  I told him how I supported his measures to fight COVID, which began its outbreak here in the area.  I said I knew that brought him a lot of criticism.  He shrugged his critics off saying it "comes with the territory".  

Previous to Inslee's election as governor, he served in the US House Of Representatives.  For a more focused look at Inslee's political career, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Mike. Who will succeed him?