Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Political Satirist Mark Russell Dies at 90

I was sad to read about the death of Mark Russell.  Russell was a unique comedian.   You could watch him on Public TV.  I would often watch his schtick on TV, rarely watching more than a couple minutes before switching channels, I know that is not a ringing endorsement, but in a couple minutes, he could work in a few zingers.
I did watch his entire show in the 1980s when he appeared at Cordiner Hall on the Whitman campus in Walla Walla,.  His timing was flawless, and he was a master of the pun. His songs, in which he accompanied himself with a piano, seemed like they were written on the spot. 
He also skewered both sides of the aisle, and as such, had appeal from across the spectrum.  Mark Russell was 90. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was great in his shows.

Kathy Shoemaker said...

I enjoyed watching him on PBS.