Thursday, April 14, 2022

Two Living Legends

s

 I'm happy these two icons of baseball in the 1960s (and 1950s) are still with us.  Both Willie Mays from the Giants and Sandy Koufax of the Dodgers.

Both started on New York teams that moved to California in the late 50s.  Koufax had just retired when I started following baseball, but was a commentator on the NBC game of the week.  I learned of Mays through an article in the Scout magazine Boys Life.  Since Seattle did not have a team at the time, I adopted the San Francisco Giants as my favorite baseball club.

This picture was posted in the Sandy Koufax fan group on Facebook. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still like San Francisco Giants. They have a great ballpark and if you hit the ball long enough out of the park in left field it will land in the ocean.