Sunday, February 06, 2022

Walla Walla Community College's China Pavillion To Be Torn Down


 It's been well over two years since I've visited my old hometown, but a glimpse into the Union-Bulletin website tells me the China Pavillion at WWCC is to be torn down.  

The China Pavillion was acquired by the school from Expo 74 in the mid  1970s.  It had been used as the school's theatre and for drama classes.  In my now mostly forgotten year at CC from 1978-79, I took a drama class in the building.  

I learned something new from reading the article.  The exhibit was from Taiwan or Republic of China, not the People's Republic of China, with which our country today has relations with for better or worst. 

New state building codes and a need for the college to expand were given as the reason for removing the building. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Mike. I would have never known about this and I read the Union-bulletin. That is a shame. I loved going to events in that building.

Paul Duca said...

They brought rhe building from Spokane?