Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Joan Jett and Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014



For the second year in a row, a Seattle area (last year, it was Heart) rock act was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.  I watched the presentation on HBO, with performances from artists as divergent as Cat Stevens, Hall And Oates, the E Street Band, and KISS. Seattle's Nirvana used Joan Jett, (who had a pretty amazing career herself) and another lady to front it's band instead of the late Kurt Cobain.  Cool to see Kris Novaselic, who I actually met several years ago,performing on TV.  Kris was a Democratic State Committeeman at the same time as me and we met at a meeting.  Pretty establishment type stuff for a member of a cutting edge band, but at least he's a Democrat.  I also saw Kris perform with other Nirvana members at the Paul McCartney concert last summer.

The Rock Hall Of Fame was a good watch on HBO, I may show some more acts later.

No comments: