Friday, March 29, 2013

Walla Walla Jewish History Outlined On Web Page

I was pleasantly surprised to see a write up on  history of the Walla Walla Jewish community on historylink.org.  The Jewish population of Walla Walla was so small, that my brothers, sister and I were the only ones in school at the time.  Most of the other congregants for the most part were middle aged, elderly, or in college.  I would later find out that I had a few other Jewish classmates, who did not identify themselves as such.  Still, there were a handful of Jewish owned businesses in town and also a prominent attorney, some doctors and college professors.  You can find the site by clicking here.Pictured above is the Walla Walla Synagogue, Congregation Beth Israel.  It is on the corner of Roosevelt and Alder.

No comments: