Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Couple Of Decades Ago

It was 1987 and I was living in Walla Walla at time in an apartment. The apartment complex is at the East end of town and had a significant number of Walla Walla Community College students.
It was a Saturday night in probably March or April and I had a couple of friends over to drink some beer and watch TV. In the later hours of the night, there was a knock on the door. I did not bother to answer because I was not expecting any company and besides that, I did not think it was civil to knock on some one's door at that hour. Next, I heard a boom, this college age guy on crutches (no less) had kicked in the door. He yelled "Where's Shelly?" I didn't know who Shelley was. The man looked up and noticed that he was in the wrong apartment, Embarrassed, he pulled out a wad of money and apologized like crazy. I did not accept the money, but told him to get lost. I talked to management the next morning and the door was fixed. I had really forgotten the incident since then but thought that it was worth sharing.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Strange how something will pop into your head like that.
Have a good weekend...:)

Mike Barer said...

lol!