Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend In Walla Walla

We are looking at Walla Walla's number one landmark--the Whitman Hotel. When I was born in Walla Walla, it was the tallest building in town. 51 years later, it still is. It has been through many incarnations, originally known as "The Marcus Whitman" it evolved in the early 70s into the Eddie Mays Inn. When that ran it's course, Stewart Anderson ran it as the Black Angus, with a remodeled look. The latest addition of "The Whitman" is part of a remodeling effort by Walla Walla entrepreneur Kyle Mussman.
I touched a little about the changes Walla Walla has gone through in the last ten years, what I would like to talk about in the next few posts is a look at some of those changes. Deb and I made the five hour drive last weekend and met up with my cousin and her husband who also journeyed down from Seattle. My brother Steve and his girlfriend Dawn still live there.

No comments: