Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dinner At 26 Brix Makes Evening Great


Deb and I spent last weekend in my old hometown of Walla Walla and it was clear that with the sudden growth of the wine industry there, Walla Walla is no longer a "hick" town. The remaining historical buildings have been restored, a farmer's market takes place on Main Street and the city now offers an incredible choice of Restaurant's.
Saturday, we had dinner at 26 Brix, located across in the historic Dacres Building on West Main, once Walla Walla's skid Row. We arrived with my brother and Dawn for our 8:30 reservation, while we were waiting, one of the owners explained the meaning of the name, 26 Brix (a measurement used in wine making) and some of the history involved in the area.
The dining area was well done in hardwood. Frank Sinatra was playing in the music season. Deb and I both had wine samplers with 2 local wines and one French wine. I was taken aback with the attentiveness of the wait staff. I would strongly recommend any trip to Walla Walla should include dining there.

2 comments:

steve said...

I an glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty darn good as well.

Dave Zarkin said...

It's a far cry from when I was doing a feature for UPI on the wheat harvest in 1962. I think if anyone had mentioned wine then it would have drawn some side-ways glances. I think I viisted Auntie Dora on my way to Seattle by car in about 1972. Some changes I would bet. Is the Capital Theater still the place to go?