Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Jackson Beats It

Well, since it is the talk of the town, I may as well put my "two cents" in. I did not follow any of the Michael Jackson trial as it got so ridiculous and so long it was basically noise. I really don't know what was presented as state's evidence. I cannot say for sure if Jackson was guilty of the crimes that he was charged, what has to be addressed is the fact that a lower paid County prosecutor isno match for a high price celebrity attorney. The system ideally is set up to keep an inocent person from being incarcerated. Obviously that does happen in certain cases, that above all is what the first item of judicial reform should be. Because of Jackson's celebrity, this case has received way more attention, than it's importance. We feel for the alleged victims, but it is just one speck of the problems that exist in our society.

No comments: