Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Links to live by

I'm was trying to set up my links for this blog and have not been able to quite yet, in the meantime I thought I could share a couple of good ones through this post.
http://www.mcgladrey-family.us/kayne/ The link is to "Pleasing To Remember". It is a sample of political news and views for the Eastside.
Another great one is home.texoma.net/~lanbo That is the Lan Roberts web sight. I did not know Lan during his radio days, but he was one of the great Seattle radio personalities of the 1960s and 1970s, He has now embraced the new technology and offers a no-holds barred passionate editorial everyday on politics, entertainment whatever. You can also hook into that at www.lanroberts.com It is definitely worth a look. Also, if debating the far right wing is your thing, there is Belky's Place at http://p087.ezboard.com/fpolitics85746frm1
It is a right leaning chatroom where all views are welcome. The debates can be rough and tumble but rarely get personal.
while I have this chance, on behalf of my wife Debra and I extend the deepest thank you to Evonne Bennedict and the King 5 news staff. When Cora, the pet therapy dog at Sunrise Assisted Living was lost last March, King 5 put it on the 6:00 news and because of the coverage the dog apeared. My wife is the program coordinator at Sunrise. Evonne is the producer of the KING5 news and also a volunteer at Sunrise.
Come to think of it www.imdb.com is very useful and entertaining. It has virtually every movie and TV show as well as actors, writers and producers of everthing to come out of Hollywood ever. So if you'r wondering "where they are now?" or have a special memory of a TV show in your childhood, that's not a bad place to go. You can also review and make comments on every entry.

1 comment:

Mike Barer said...

I am Liberal but don't always like the way they demonize Republicans. I think just like the british empire which has thrived for centuries, it's good to have the checks and balances of two contrasting parties.