Sunday, October 02, 2011
Five Walla Walla Restaurants Gone But Not Forgotten
1. The Pastime A modest unassuming Italian cafe on West Main Street. Great food and since it was across from the County Courthouse, you could rub elbows with the town leaders. Also had a card room and lounge Closed only 5 years ago.
2. The Red Apple This cafe was on Main Street in the center of town. It eventually became a 24 hour operation, popular with the drinking crowd. I remember the squeaking front door, which let a cold breeze come in when it opened during the winter months. A breakfast favorite, it also had a bar in the back with nightly entertainment. Also shut down with in the last decade.
3. Roy's Chuckwagon Most people remember that it was a buffet, very few remember that it had a Western motif. No bar at this establishment, it was fun and filling for the family. It was located at the Big Y shopping center (between Walla Walla and College Place) which also no longer exists.
4. Fancy Dan's The name is the most memorable thing about this joint, as well as the prime location on the corner of Main and Spokane. Not famous for good food, but rather it's bright orange interior.
5. Triple X By default since it was the picture that inspired this post. A similar Triple X is still going in Issaquah.
Also Abby's Pizza, Pizza Pete, Lutcher's, Denny's Hi-Spot, and many more. Which ones do you remember?