Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What's up or how far can I get.

This weekend my cousin-in-law Kevin was kind enough to offer tickets to see the Seattle Mariner play Tampa Bay. I took my buddy Dave and we found out that we had excellent seats! It was a win for the Mariners (yea!) but I kind of realized that this Mariner team is playing at the best of it's abilities and it still needs two big late rallies to beat lowly Tampa Bay. My thanks go to Kevin who is one of the most generous people you would ever meet. Another thing I am curious about. Tampa Bay was always touted as an area hungry for a baseball team. Owners were able to black mail their county and municipal governments for big bailout and brand new stadiums built with practically blank checks from taxpayers including yours truly. Well now they finally have a team, they languish in last place and barely cause a ripple even in their home town. I guess it is pretty easy to fool the public.

A couple of months ago, I went back to Walla Walla because my great Uncle Paul was in town. He is the only surviving sibling of my Grandfather Granek. Hopefully we can have a reunion like that again soon. The highlight of the trip though was we went by our old house on Palouse street, we saw our old next door neighbor on her front porch and went to say hello. She happened to be talking to 516 S Palouse's current resident, Jackie. Jackie was nice enough to give us a tour and show what they have done to the house. She said she kind of felt guilty for all the changes they had made and I said there is no need because when you buy the house it becomes your house and I think everything they have done improves it. Since Walla Walla is now on the winemaking map, property values are remarkable up. Who would have thought?

1 comment:

Mike Barer said...

Great post Anea! I would send the Ice Burg a letter to show them how much you like them.
You grew up in the Drumheller house if I remember, they were the other family to sell steel.