Monday, June 20, 2005

It'sMonday, Time for Maple Valley weekend in review

Debra's birthday party came off well without a hitch even though at crunch time (like about half an hour before) I was going crazy. I was obsessed with the need to get balloons. I was driving to Bel Square where party was and since the sun was out, I decided to go down Kirkland's Main Street. I stopped at a flower store to check on balloons but it was closed, I still had a couple of unwrapped presents and wanted to get a couple more. I went to the QFC on Bellevue way and found the service to be wanting. Finally got to QFC across from Bel Square, scored the balloons, went to the Bartell Drugs next door and got gift bags as well as found another good present. It took another 20 minutes to find a parking spot but Deb and Pam were not yet at the restaurant so all was OK. I managed to put everything down to wait in line to put our name in and got a call saying we had one more person joining us. Remember that this was a crowded restaurant (The Cheesecake Factory) and my hands were full. I went up, changed the order and then things got much better. It turned out to be a great time for everyone.
\ We will celebrate Dad's day next Sunday instead. Deb and I spent some quality time with my Dad at his place as we watched the sunset on the lake.

1 comment:

Mike Barer said...

I'm happy to pass it on!