Thursday, October 06, 2011
Gone But Not Forgotten Walla Walla Neighborhood Grocery Stores
1. Duff's The only downtown store, with a big freezer stocked with cold beer. Actually, it was Duff's Dairy.
2. Anderson's Market A block from Pioneer Park on Division. A great place to go to get an ice cream cone or a soda after a hot day at the park.
3. Boys Market Great location--Alder and Wilbur Actually turned into a 7-11.
4. Johnny's Market Down Alder Street from Boys Market
5. Green Park Grocery Pictured above (thanks to Bygone Walla Walla Blog) across from Green Park School.
Also Pioneer Market (formerly Storer's and Fred's Alder Street), Maxson's, Demoss, and The Corner Grocery (a block from Paine School)