Sunday, October 09, 2011
5 Walla Walla Retail Stores That You May Have Forgotten
1. Wade's (above) A men's clothing outlet on Main Street downtown, the owner was a neighbor of ours when we lived on Leonard Street and his boys were friends of mine. Owner turned "Mod" in the early 70s and began wearing long hair and nehru jackets.
2. Bergman's A dress shop on West Main, owner left town but the store stayed in business for several more years.
3. Dan Reeders Toy and hobby shop, was at Main and Spokane Streets, owner was seriously injured in fireworks mishap
4. Davis Kaisers A furniture store located on 2nd and Poplar.
5. The Leading Fur Shop An outlet for Fur Coats and Minks. It was located on Alder and Colville
This is a pretty wide category, on the next post, I'll come up with some forgotten service and industrial businesses. I'm also open to suggestions.