Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Concert With A Beatle






Last night was my birthday and Deb and I were headed to Sport Restaurant to meet up with family and friends, or so I thought. Deb surprised me with tickets to watch Ringo Starr and the All Star Band. The Concert took place at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville. In my opinion, it is one of the best concert venues in the area, the weather was perfect and we had a pic-nic spread. During the concert, hot air balloons flew overhead, and it really added an extra dimension.
Besides Ringo, the All Star Band, which I guess changes every year, except of course for Ringo himself included Edgar Winter, Colin Hay (formerly of Men At Work), Billy Squire, Gary Wright (who sang the monster 1976 hit Dream Weaver), Hamish Stewart(formerly of Average White Band). Each member sang their respective hit. Ringo sang Beatle songs like "Yellow Submarine", "What Goes On", "Boys" (which he had performed also with his original group Rory Storm), "I Wanna Be Your Man" and the very popular "With A Little Help From My Friends". He also did some of his solo hits like "Photograph" and "It Don't Come Easy".
To see Ringo in concert made it a very special birthday. Since the pictures were from a distance, I used footage off You Tube of one of Ringo's previous concerts.

1 comment:

Danny Barer said...

Happy birthday! What a great present!

I've still yet to see any former Beatles in concert; and alas my chances are dwindling.