Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Little Past "Now" Time

Usually around this time during the summer, I am eagerly anticipating the beginning of football season. The Seahawks start their exhibition season in a week or two and for the last couple of seasons, they have shown a great deal of potential. Anyone who knows me will tell you how optimistic I get about the Seahawks chances.
This year it just isn't there, I don't feel it. I can't put my finger on what the problem is, but the Hawks just don't deliver. I have been a steadfast defender of Mike Holmgren, but it's time for him to show us his hand.
By coincidence, the Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazers are both owned by Paul (Mr. Moneybags) Allen. Both franchises have gone from being the "talk of the town" to being afterthoughts in their respective communities. In all fairness, the Hawk's slide started before Allen took over the team.
The fans have given Allen everything that he has asked for including a state-of-art stadium. The money is there, the Seahawks face problems any other team would face. It is do or die for Holmgren. Show us a plan or we'll show you the door!

1 comment:

Mike Barer said...

This post, ironically was written just before the Seahawks enbarked on the season that would take them to the Super Bowl. Wow!