Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bye Bye Yankees

What a shame, the Detroit Tigers only a week ago could not beat the lowly Kansas City Royal to clinch first place in the AL Central. Today baseball's Cinderella story put away the Yankees in the 4th game of the best of 5 series. The Tigers will know play the Oakland A's, both teams that have been to the World Series in earlier happier days.
There is one New York team still alive as the Mets eliminated the Dodgers today. The Mets will take on the Cardinals. There are some intriguing rematches that can take place. The A's have beaten the Mets in a World Series during the 70s. The Detroit Tigers beat the St Louis Cardinals in 1968. The second World Series that I ever watched.

4 comments:

NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

time to clean house in yankee land

Anonymous said...

I hope the Mets play the Cardinals. We still have to win one more, and we have shown the ability to lose lots of games in a row. However, Carpenter is tough, and will probably win a back-to-back Cy Young this year, so I like our chances.

JD

Mike Barer said...

Carpenter gave me fits when he was on my fantasy team!
Thank you for your comments.

Mike Barer said...

Well your Cards did it. When I was writing this I had thought they had already won.