Sunday, January 29, 2006

Super Bowl Trivia

According to Superbowl.com, Cheryl Ladd sang the National Anthem at the Super Bowl in 1980. That is rather strange. The game was played in Pasadena and for the first time ever, the host city had a team playing or so to speak. The Los Angeles Rams, it their first Super Bowl apearance lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It would take the Raiders to give LA their first taste of a Super Bowl Victory. At that time, noone dreamed that LA would ever go without at least one NFL team, but both the Raiders and the Rams shipped out more or less in the direction they came from several years ago. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

steve said...

I remember playing an ice hockey game at the Lilac city ice arena in Spokane on that super sunday. I think we got home right around kick off time.
When I stop to think about it, it's hard to beleive that the last of the steelers four superbowl wins happened just to years before the niners won their first of five, because I think of these two teams as being in two completely different eras.
I don't recall the halftime show.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike - I saw your comment to me regarding Cannon Beach on P.J.'s blog. It's one of my favorite places too. Always fun to run into a Pacific Northwest neighbor on the internet. Go Hawks!!!!!