Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And It's Not Even Friday The 13th Yet

A couple years ago, Deb gave personalized license plates to me as a birthday present. She thought that I would enjoy having plates bearing the description BARER-1. I thought it was real cool, being that I am the oldest of my generation of Barers to have that plate. Not too mention that although my car is a little older, it has retained it's appearance well and been as reliable as one can ask for a Ford Economy Car.
Well today I was on my way to work, minding my own business (well I thought that the phrase fit in well--sue me) I was headed to work in Bellevue. I got off I-90 amd proceeded north on 156th ,a major arterial that leads right up to the Crossroads area where I worked. I came to the intersection of 156th and Lake Hills Blvd stopped behind a couple cars at the stop sign with a few cars behind me and poof, the engine died (great), so I did what all of you would do and started the car, but it would not start. There was no sign at all that there would be any problem with the car. Not like with the departed Mustang which had a different problem every week. This was a sucky situation at best compounded by the fact that my hazard lights would not switch on and by the fact I was in the middle of the road with a LICENSE PLATE WITH MY NAME ON IT. I raised the hood and put on the left turn signal, cars still got right behind me. Luckily my phone worked, I was able to call Triple A, Deb who was driving separately was able to pick me up. A good Samaritan stopped by to push me out of the road and it did not rain at all until after the car was towed. So it looks like things turned out a lot better than I thought they would. It still made for a memorable day.

No comments: