Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Walla Walla Rock Concerts From The 70s Featured In Bygone Walla Walla

 


Growing up in Walla Walla, we did not have many rock concerts. 

There were two that stand out from the early 70s.  I did not attend either because I was early in my teenage years and also, I had not at the time, hear of the artist.  Chicago and Doobie Brothers, both appeared in what was, at the time, the relatively new Cordiner Hall on the Whitman College campus. There were a few years between the concerts.  Chicago was in 1970, I believe the Doobie Brothers was in 1972 or 1973.

Both bands were on their way to legendary careers.  Both are in the  Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Both concerts appeared in the Bygone Walla Walla blog in a post featuring pictures from the Whitman College newspaper, The Pioneer. 

Two concerts that I did see were Climax Blues Band and Tower Of Power.  Since moving to the Seattle area, I have now seen dozens of concerts.


No comments: