Thursday, October 05, 2023

Beloved Sports Reporter Jim Caple


 When the internet was practically brand new, I went to the ESPN website and read a report from a Jim Caple.  It included his email so I sent him my opinion on a story.  To my complete shock, he replied.  I was excited to get a response from an ESPN reporter.  


Many years ago, I received for my birthday, a walking tour of Seattle sports places, it entailed walking by what was then Safeco Field, the Seahawks stadium (both brand new at the time) and a couple of sports bars.  It was conducted by Jim Caple, who was still an ESPN reporter at the time. 

Caple had also been a reporter for the Minnesota Twins from 1989-2000. 

Jim was very personable and engaging and was happy to give me his inside sports knowledge at the time.  I would never see him again but didn't forget him.  His nephew, Christian Caple is a well known sports reporter in the area, whom I recently heard on the Mitch Unfiltered podcast. 

I read this week that Caple had passed away at 61   He had been battling ALS and dementia.  

No comments: