Sunday, November 11, 2018

So Long, Darrel Huntley

I was saddened to read this weekend of the passing of Darrel Huntley.  Darrel was a friend of mine throughout my Walla Walla school days , starting with when his family moved next-door to us in the early 60s on Leonard Street.  I was just starting 1st grade and Darrel was my age, his sister, Tammy was my sister, Debbie's age.  Our parents became quick friends.  
The next summer, we moved to our house on Palouse Street.  It wasn't until Junior High that we would go to the same school again.  Darrel and I did not really keep in touch after our Wa-Hi graduation in 1976, but we would always get together and  reminisce at our first three high school reunions.  He was not able to make the last in 2016.    
Darrel liked playing music and golfing. 

No comments: