Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Walla Walla's West Side Downtown 1960s

Another treasure from the Joe Drazan blog, the northwest corner of 4th and Main in downtown Walla Walla in what is commonly today known as the "Barer Building"  our family business B. Barer And Sons was behind it on 4th and Rose.  My dad eventually bought the building and later would sell it to a wine maker.  The part of the buildings on the left would be torn down to make way for a Goodyear Tire Store in the early 1970s. I'm not sure if the Fabric Outlet, which my Dad and his uncle owned, had started, my guess is that it hadn't. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have long admired that block, both sides. I continue to be disappointed that it has not been properly developed all these years. The buildings are beautiful and need to be modernized inside and cleaned up on the outside so they can continue to serve. I know it is expensive to do but so was the rest of the downtown buildings. Dan