Thursday, July 08, 2010

Lost Audio? Verne Russell's KUJ Sign Off

Almost exactly a year ago, I wrote a series of articles about Walla Walla radio stations. I went in depth on the city's oldest, most powerful, and most well known, KUJ. I also touched on the late Verne Russell and his memorable daily sign-off.
"And so we come to the end of another broadcast day." Russell, the station's owner, was able to use his voice as a paintbrush as he described the area where the station was located at. Last weekend, I received an e-mail from someone who read the piece and was wondering if the recorded sign-off was still in existence in some dusty attic. I sent a few e-mails, and heard a few suggestions, but so far, no answer. Stay tuned, because if it turns up, I will try to put it on the blog.

No comments: