Friday, June 05, 2009

Walla Walla Trip Highlights







The first sign that you see driving into Walla Walla is "Walla Walla next 7 exits". The joke used to be that when you visit the town, 7 exits isn't enough. But no longer, in the last decade or so, Walla Walla has exploded as a tourist destination town. Not only because of the explosion of the Wine industry, but also because has kept it's Main Street and downtown area vital. While we were over there last weekend, we stayed at the fabulous Walla Walla Suites Inn, where customer service was superb. We stopped did wine tasting stops at Ash Hollow Winery, Bergevin Lane, Dunham Cellars, L'Ecole No 41, and our favorite stop Basel Cellars, which we visited for the first time.
Located south of town, Basel Cellars is located on a hill that overlooks the Washington-Oregon border. It is a stunning setting so I included the three pictures above.


2 comments:

Aunty Pol said...

WOW..Talk about Irony

I linked over here from " No Deep Thoughts"

Greetings from Houston. I left Walla Walla in 1982..and after glancing at the wonderful wedding photo's ..I thought " Gee that looks like Pioneer Park.

Wow..Walla Walla has changed. I worked at the Old Morrison Supply Company , before all of the wineries came to be.

I am amazed.

Best Regards From Texas

Mike Barer said...

I remember Morrison's Supply very well. It was across from my Dad's shop and it had a machine where you could get a bottle of pop for a dime.