Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Friday Night Rambling

November 3rd, 1992 --it was election day and a happy one at that. Bill Clinton was in process of being elected President of the United States in what was about to become a 2 term stint. This was after 12 years of Ronald Reagan and George Bush,Sr. I was at the Lake Bellevue Cafe, a now long gone yuppie watering hole in Seattle's largest suburb with my friend, Garry and roommate, Walt. We had gone there to watch election returns. Little did I know a chance meeting would start a chain of events that would change my life. During the course of the evening Garry ran into Leslie, an old high school friend that he had not seen in years. They stayed in touch quite a bit for the next few months, that is, Garry and Leslie and I found that of little consequence as far as my own life was concerned. That is until late spring of the next year. Garry wanted to go to meet up with Leslie and they decided to get together at The Keg, in the Delridge section of West Seattle. It was near where Leslie lived and also near where Garry used to live. We all sat and visited in the bar, then she went home. It was Saturday night and we decided to check out the band at the Rock City. The Rock City has a common bar in the middle where friends and strangers sit together. We happened on that evening to sit across from a couple of girls who were originally from the East Coast. I started talking to the lady across from me who was wearing a Blue Harvard Sweatshirt and after 15 years later, we are still talking, I married the lady a little over 2 years later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I just read your "rambling" and it just reminded why you are my FAVORITE brother-in-law. Rock on brother!