Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sports Illustrated Reportedly On Death Bed


 Word out is that Sports Illustrated will soon be gone.  This is sad on so many levels.  We understand that today it's a different world, but there is so many great feelings and memories in its history.  Who could forget "Faces in the Crowd" or the fable Sports Illustrated cover jinx.  Much like Time and Newsweek (along with Look and Life) mirrored the happenings in the world, Sports Illustrated, later shortened for the most part to SI, mirrored the sports world.

In my childhood, my grandparents (on my mom's side) gave me a subscription to Sports Illustrated, but it always came to their house, not ours.  That way, every Friday after school, I would ride to their house, visit with them in their house on Hilbrooke Street in Walla Walla and read the latest issues.  

No comments: