Monday, April 08, 2019

The Hole Controversy--New Maple Valley Restaurant Restrooms Spur Critics

I had just used the restroom in Crockett's last Friday and was washing my hands when I saw a figure in what I thought was the mirror.  Not seeing anyone around, I startled said hello, and a lady across from me returned the greeting.   I realized that was not the mirror, but a window into the women's room.
I brought this up to our food server, who by the way, was wonderful and she said that the topic was indeed spurring comments both pro and con.
To ease everyone's mind,  it is only above the sink and below general eye level.  Basically, if you look, you will see the shirt of someone washing their hands.  Hardly, a cause for excitement.
I know of at least a couple public restrooms overseas, where there are private stalls and a common hand washing place.  They make me a little uneasy.  Not because of embarrassment, but a feeling that I've invaded someone else's space.
The Crockett discussion is outlined in this story in the Maple Valley Reporter.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also travel over seas quite a bit. Some places over seas there are guys/girls who will gladly give you a shoulder massage while using the urinal as well as other things we are not accustomed to here. Does that mean we should start adopting all these customs? Not in my opinion.

Mike Barer said...

To those it bothers, bring wet wipes or go before you get to the restaurant. I think this will eventually phase out. My point is that it really is a great restaurant.
By the way, in almost 14 years of blogging, I believe this is my first bathroom discussion.

Anonymous said...

Just another gimmick place we will avoid