Sunday, July 01, 2007

Loss Of Mike Webb

It was only a few years ago that KVI ruled the airwaves, Tim Eyman's initiatives always passed and the Seattle Times ran a column by ultra right journalist Michelle Malkin. Mike Webb was a Liberal talk show host on KIRO. I was happy at the time to finally hear a talk radio host who's views were somewhat similar to mine. Webb had the fire of an Ann Coulter or a Rush Limbaugh, but presented the Liberal side.
One day I was listening to Mike's show and he presented an Anti-Israel attack. I sent him an e-mail stating that I disagreed with his views. I was shocked that within minutes he sent me a very harsh strongly worded e-mail stating his disagreement. This was surprising considering I had sent e-mails to John Carlson and others who were clearly on the right and they generally sent letters back that respectfully disagreed with me. I wrote back to Mike and he sent an even stronger profanity laced e-mail. Such was Mike Webb.
A year or so ago, Webb got caught up in accusations of insurance fraud. Michael Hood's radio oriented Blatherwatch, reported Webb's outbursts in court and on the way to court. Webb was eventually fired from KIRO. This last week Mike Webb was found murdered in a crawl space under his house in the Queen Anne district of Seattle. Mike Webb was a very complicated man. It is sad to see things end the way they did.

No comments: