Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Trip To Sunriver 6--Vistiting Oregon Colleges

I had never visited the campus of either Oregon's Pac 12 Universities, University Of Oregon (top picture) nor Oregon State  University (bottom picture).  One difference between Washington and Oregon is that in Washington, the two largest Universities are on opposite sides of the state.  In Oregon, they are very close.  
We decided to check out both campuses on the return from Sunriver.  Students were getting graduation pictures taken at both campuses.  Students also loved Dasher.  
In spite of the proximity, you can sense the difference in philosophy between the two institutions.  
I can now say that I have visited campuses of all the original Pac 8 schools.  
Now, only University of Arizona is the only school of the Pac 10 that I haven't visited, as I have been on campus at ASU.  
After it was the PAC 10 for about 3 decades, the conference became the Pac 12, after admitting Colorado and Utah, so that leaves 3 colleges in the top western athletic conference that I have not been on campus or have driven past  (as in the case with USC).


No comments: